Welcome members of the media to the Breakthrough Energy Summit.
Reaching net-zero emissions will be the hardest thing humanity has ever done, and it will require unprecedented collaboration across all parts of society.
The Breakthrough Energy Summit will turn a spotlight on the innovation the world needs while driving action across our network. Through panel discussions, technology showcases, meetings, and presentations, the Summit will highlight how BE and our network of partners are accelerating the innovations needed to build a net zero economy.
We believe the right people, with the right platform, have the power to scale critical technologies to decarbonize our global economy and transform tomorrow with clean, reliable, and affordable energy. The time to act is now – and the challenge is ours.
To support members of the media in their drive for insightful and meaningful news, the Breakthrough Energy Communications Team will be onsite to support coverage of our events, leaders, and ideas.
If you’re interested in speaking with a Breakthrough Energy leader or Summit attendee, please complete the following Interview Request Form.
Events & Resources
At the Summit, members of the media are encouraged to attend all plenaries, breakouts, and company spotlight moments. In addition, we will be hosting the following media-specific events. Please stay tuned for additional details around the following activities:
- Monday, October 17
- Media check-in – Begins at 4:00pm
- Welcome cocktail reception hosted by the BE Communications Team – 4:00pm – 6:00pm
- Note: Non-media attendees will begin registering at 5:00pm
- Tuesday, October 18
- Roundtable discussion and luncheon, hosted by Cipher (media-only) – 12:00 – 1:00pm
- Wednesday, October 19
- A morning briefing post-plenary with Breakthrough Energy leaders – 10:30 – 11:00am
- An afternoon briefing post-plenary with Breakthrough Energy Ventures leaders – 3:45 – 4:15pm
Please note that all plenaries will be on the record, and our team can share transcripts following the Summit. All breakout sessions and company spotlights will follow the Chatham House Rule for content covered in those sessions.
Leading up to the Summit, we look forward to providing the following resources. Please check back in the coming weeks for these resources and additional information from our team:
- Summit Agenda
- Breakthrough Energy Leadership Biographies
- Summit Speaker Biographies
- Breakthrough Energy Ventures-Portfolio Companies Overview (Coming Soon)
- Press Announcements & Media Releases
For further background information on our organization and programs, please visit the Breakthrough Energy website.
Need More Information?
If you’re looking for additional information on conference events, media resources, and scheduling interviews, please email or call your direct contact on the Breakthrough Energy Communications Team.